AUGUST 5, 2008
ST. ANDREW &
EVENTS & NEWS
Sunday Services: During the summer, Holy Eucharist will be celebrated at 8:00 a.m. at St. Andrew by-the-Lake in Seal Cove and 10:00 a.m. at St. John the Divine in Southwest Harbor.
Lectionary readings for August 10th: Psalm 105:1-6, 16-22, 45b; Genesis 37:1-4, 12-28; Romans 10:5-15; Matthew 14:22-33.
Public Meeting on
Soup & Sandwich Luncheon: Saturday, August 16, 11:30-1:30, in conjunction with the Island Arts Association Craft Fair on Pemetic Green. Please call Peggy Engel at 244-5114 if you can help her--make soup, setup, make sandwiches, etc. This will be another great time to welcome people to our church!
Summer Tea and Sing-along for all island seniors & disabled: The second Tea will be held at the Claremont Hotel in
Celebration of the restoration of St. Mary’s by-the-Sea: August 14 at 6:00 p.m. – Concert of vocal and instrumental music, featuring guest musicians from MDI; August 17 at 10:00 a.m. – service; August 14-17 (11:00-4:00) – Festival of Flowers.
· Friday, August 8th, 12:15-1:00, Ray Cornils from
· Friday, August 15th, 12:15-1:00, Ann Sears, Professor of Music at
· Wednesday evening, August 20th, at 7:00, Kevin Birch, Director of Music at St. John's Catholic Church in Bangor, will present an illustrated lecture on "Hook Organs in the State of Maine", followed by a short recital on Greta, the 1885 Hook & Hasting Tracker organ at St. John Episcopal Church in Southwest Harbor. Admission by donation.
· Thursday evening, August 21st, again at 7:00, Douglas Beck, Organist-Choirmaster,
· Friday, August 22nd, 12:15-1:00, the festival will conclude at St. Saviour's Parish, in
Goodbye Chilton, Hello Steve: Saturday, September 6th at the Holiday Inn in
Thanks to Chloe Hatcher and Phil Fox, who delighted us once again on July 30th with the portrayal of Melissa and Andrew in Love Letters. They raised almost $1,300 for
Farmer’s Market: open each Friday from 9:00-1:00 in
No Frills Oil is offering all St. Andrew & St. John parishioners the opportunity to contract their oil price for next heating season at 8¢ off the going price the day you call them at 422-3581 to make pre-buy arrangements. You need to tell them you are a parishioner at St. Andrew &
Church office hours: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday – 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.